Tastes of Tuscan cooking
A discovery tour of Florentine and Tuscan cuisine, local products and flavors of the local gastronomy.
We'll visit the market at San Lorenzo, Mercato Centrale, with its many stalls full of delicious cheeses and meats, sauces with truffles and mushrooms, the best red wines of Chianti, the most flavorsome olive oils of the Tuscany hills and the finest cuts of meat - the source of the famous Florentine steak!
Also, we'll cross the old town in search of hidden small shops and taverns that still preserve the secrets of the old country recipes, and learn about the tripe and the lampredotto sandwich, a specialty that the Florentines do not know how to resist!
Ice cream is an Italian invention. It has historic origins in Florence. Italian ice cream, called gelato, is not really the same as ice cream, because it has less fat and less air, and it is made with natural and fresh ingredients. Florence, in keeping with tradition, has plenty of ice cream parlors. Discover the best gelato in Florence, my favorite one is in the district of Santa Croce!
The best pizza in Florence
The pizza was invented in Naples and has become famous worldwide. The pizza Margherita was created with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese for the Queen Margherita in the 19th century. In Florence there are many places where you can find a very good pizza in a true Neapolitan style or even in a revisited version!
Biscotti di Prato or Cantucci
The Cantucci are almond cookies commonly served after dinner with the sweet wine “vin santo” (holy wine), but they are also ideal for dipping in coffee. The cantucci are baked twice, that’s why they are dry and crispy. There are many different brands of excellent cantucci but during the food tour in Florence you will have the opportunity to discover the original ones!
- only for families, couples, small groups (max 10 people)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- DEPARTURE POINT: any central Florence hotel / residence, train station, or other arrival point in Florence, or any central location (Duomo square, Republic square, Signoria square)
- DEPARTURE TIME: the tour is private and can be run anytime you want
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: local tourist guide, there will be 3 tastings in total from shops and market
- PRICE: 65 euro per person for a private group of 2/4 people, minimum of people 2. Free for children less than 8 years old. If you are a group of more than 4 people, do not hesitate to contact me for customized quotes
- TOUR LENGTH: 2.5 hours
- TYPOLOGY: the tour is exclusive and private